Open joint-stock company “Dolomit” from the beginning

Open Society "Dolomit" has a great history. For 75 years of the existence it has passed a hard way of the development. In 1931 with start-up of the first mine furnace by capacity of 10 thousand tons in a year to exhaust, the base of industrial production of production having the important economic value and development of settlement Ruba has been put. Since then capacities have annually started to be increased. In 1936 the second mine furnace, by capacity of 12 thousand tons in a year is started up in operation.

Паровоз узкой колеиThe prospecting works spent in 1930 and 1934, have confirmed considerable deposits of dolomitic limestone and perspectivity of development of factory. In the mid-thirties in career of Ruba there was a first steam dredge which moved on railway specially arranged in career and made stripping works. The capacity of a ladle of a dredge made 0,5 cubic metres. Removal of a ground from overburden operations was made by means of the steam locomotive of a narrow track working on a railway way, the way of movement of a dredge laid in parallel.

Старый карьер ДоломитаManufacture to exhaust to the beginning of 1941 has increased at factory in tens times. But the further development of manufacture was prevented by treacherous attack of fascist Germany. During the post-war period enormous efforts of workers for the purpose of the prompt restoration of the industry, including at limy factory have been undertaken. In 1948 mine furnaces have been restored and started up in operation. In 1952-1953 in Ruba on right to river bank Zapadnaya Dvina three more mine furnaces by productivity of 10 thousand tons everyone have been constructed. Because the basic raw-material base for factory in Ruba was the open-cast mine on left to river bank, and furnaces have been built on the right coast, is closer to a branch of the railway connecting those years Ruba with station Vitebsk, submitted limestone from an open-cast mine on right-bank factory by means of an air rope-way. This road operated till 1977. With bridge input through the river the road has been dismantled, and cartage of raw materials began to be carried out by motor transport.

Цех №7 ДоломитаFor the purpose of increase of level of mechanisation of technological process, increase in labour productivity and release volumes in 1953 at limy factory in Ruba the grinding-sorting plant, whence already prepared raw materials of the necessary fraction have been constructed moved on limy furnaces. In the fifties there is a fast process of escalating of technical equipment of manufacture. In open-cast mines there are diesel and electric dredges, cars-dump-body trucks.
In the early sixties the Belarus scientists-agriculturists develop forms and struggle methods on decrease in degree of acidity of podzolic soils of Belarus. Most an effective remedy was the dolomitic limestone crushed to fraction less of one millimetre. The dolomitic crumb which till 1960 did not represent any value for branches of building materials, has turned to a valuable component for deoxidization soils and on a level with other mineral fertilizers has taken a worthy place in the Belarus agrochemistry.

Карьерный экскаватор ДоломитаIn the mid-sixties in Ruba building of the first factory on manufacture of a powdered calcareous flour fraction about 1 mm, by capacity of 1 million 100 thousand tons in a year starts to be carried out. In 1967 the first stage of factory of a calcareous flour by capacity of 550 thousand tons in a year with a subtlety of a grinding below 1 mm has been constructed and placed in operation. In connection with commissioning of a first stage of factory the calcareous factory in Ruba is renamed into Vitebsk industrial complex of limy materials. In 1971 in operation 2nd turn of factory of a calcareous flour, the same capacity as well as the first surrenders. The seventieth years are characterised by fast escalating of capacities on manufacture of limy dolomitic fertilizers at the expense of building of new shops. In the second half of the year 1973 two technological lines on manufacture of a dolomitic flour in shop № 5, and in 1974 three more lines are placed in operation. The general capacity of shop has made 2200 thousand tons a year. In connection with transition of the enterprise to release calcareous powdered torments manufacture to exhaust it began to be reduced and has made in 1975 62 thousand tons, instead of tons let out before 105 thousand. Thus, the dolomitic flour became a principal view of let out production.

Погрузка породы на БелАЗThe raw-material base demanded substantial growth on volumes of extraction of raw materials, intensive building of an open-cast mine of "Gralevo" has in the early seventies begun. Annual production rate of an open-cast mine has been defined on an original project of 5-6 million tons of raw materials in a year. According to decisions of XXV congress of the CPSU, in Ruba there has been begun building of 3 plants on manufacture of a dolomitic flour. In December, 1977 it is put in operation two technological lines, and it is equal in a year three more technological lines on manufacture of a calcareous flour, in a year In May, 1978 the order of the Ministry of the industry of building materials BSSR the Vitebsk industrial complex of limy materials has been renamed by the general capacity of 2200 thousand tons in All-Union production enterprise "Dolomit".

Производство щебняWith commissioning of the third plant association designed capacities have increased to 5,5 million tons year, and release calcareous powdered torments has made in 1979 4 million 900 thousand tons a year, the enterprise became one of the largest in Europe. In 70 and 80th years along with development of manufacture and the big inflow of a labour have considerably increased building of habitation and objects of social sphere. In settlement Ruba there were beautiful many-storeyed apartment houses, kindergartens, a public amenities centre, industrial-household cases. In 1975 in a cosy place on river bank Zapadnaya Dvina the sanatorium-dispensary has started to function. In 1979 there is begun building of the Palace of culture on 500 places and the engineering-laboratory case, building of a health centre, an  administrative-household building of a mine directorate and a repair zone of mountain technics is finished. In shops and association services almost two-thousand collective of workers worked. By 1990 the volume of output powdered torments has made 5,5 million tons a year. The enterprise collective realized all available possibilities for increase in quantity and quality of let out production. 

Since March, 1995 All-Union production enterprise "Dolomit" by the act of acquiring shares was transformed to open joint-stock company "Dolomit". Now powdered production from dolomite is issued in industrial plants №5 and №7. The basic industrial base made 11 independent technological lines, a designed capacity to 440 thousand tons a year everyone. Technological process of processing of dolomite consists in the primary and secondary crushing, the combined drying and a grinding (to fraction of 0-1 mm) in mills of self-crushing of "Aerofol" and hammer mills, catching of a ready product in cyclones and electrofilters, production transportation in silage warehouses by means of pneumotransport and mechanical transport. For maintenance of a qualitative and effective grinding drying of the initial raw materials having natural humidity of 6-9 % which is carried out by hot gases of technological fire chambers is required. As technological fuel top internal black oil of mark M100 earlier was used. The enterprise is translated from 2000 on burning of natural gas that has allowed to reduce production costs, to improve ecological conditions at the enterprise, to open introduction prospects gas-turbine installations for development of own electric power and use of the fulfilled gases in quality drying the agent in "the know-how" of a dolomitic flour. The enterprise is equipped by the industrial laboratory which is carrying out the entrance control, quality assurance of half-finished products and finished goods, the control over a sanitary condition on workplaces, industrial estate and settlement. All technological process is automated. Introduction of Automated Technological Process Control System has allowed to conduct the accurate control over quantity of transported raw materials, to provide the maximum loading the milling equipment and to stabilize work of technological lines in an optimum, most economic mode. Open Society "Dolomit" conducts active work on decrease in power consumption of manufacture, as major condition of decrease in the cost price of production and preservation of ability to live of the enterprise in the conditions of falling of manufacture of a dolomitic flour. 

In 1975 the flour calcareous is awarded the state quality symbol. 

For achievements of high indicators during performance of state plans All-Union production enterprise "Dolomit" the passing Red Banner of the Central Committee of the CPSU, Ministerial council of the USSR, the All-Union Central Council of Trade Unions, Central Committee of All-Union Leninist Young Communist League with entering on an all-Union Honour Roll on National Economy Achievement Exhibition the USSR was three times awarded. 

For achievement of the best results on output of the highest category of quality collective All-Union production enterprise "Dolomit" more than five times were awarded by diplomas of the All-Union Central Council of Trade Unions, the State Committee of the USSR under standards. 

For labour valour collective All-Union production enterprise "Dolomit" was rewarded by the Certificate of honour of Supreme body BSSR. 

For the reached indicators in all-Union public review of efficiency of use of raw materials, materials, Technical and Economic Calculations of All-Union production enterprise "Dolomit" was awarded by Certificate of honour Ministry of Construction Materials Producing Industry the USSR. 

To collective All-Union production enterprise "Dolomit" the passing Red Banner Vitebsk the regional committee of Design Engineering Department had repeatedly been awarded, the collective is awarded by memorable certificates of regional authorities.

Additional information